AISLi schools employ qualified, experienced teachers, and run in-home teacher development seminars and workshops.
The Association organises events and training for teachers on a regular basis. AISLi is committed to transparency in employment issues.
If you are interested in finding out about employment opportunities contact the individual AISLischools directly.
There are many reasons for choosing one school over another but in your selection you should ask yourself (or the school) the following questions:
1. Am I offered a contract, specifying the number of teaching hours, with taxes and insurance paid?
2. Is there a DOS who I can turn to for professional support and advice?
3. Is there the opportunity for Teacher Development? Is there a programme of in-house meetings and /or seminars for teachers to attend?
4. Is the school well-equipped? – Teacher resources, internet connection etc.
5. Does the teaching "method" of the school allow me to put into practice what I've learnt on my CELTA?
6. Is the school recognised and accredited, and does it have to undergo regular inspections?
7. Does the school have professional links with the British Council?
If you can answer "yes" to most of these questions , you are probably considering a quality school.
And if you can answer "yes" to all of these questions then you are looking at an AISLi school.